Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Fire Station Field Trip





Our family has been hosting a small, home


Bible study all winter, and we have made some


very special friends through it. One of the


families we have gotten to know is the Boyds.


Jordan and Emily are a young couple with 3


children, ages 4, 3, and 2. Jordan is a fire


fighter with the Air Force. Well, for as long as


I can remember, Ethan has dreamed of


becoming a real-live 'fighter-fighter'. And so,


Jordan invited us all down to his station for a


tour. They had a great time dressing in the


fire suits, spraying the hoses, and he even took


them for a ride in the truck! What a thrill!


Thanks Jordan.




Dad almost had to rescue Ethan from being
swallowed by the helmet.


Aimee at the water cannon.


"Come on over, Dad, I promise I won't get you wet."




Jonathan was confident he could handle it alone.



And of course, Katherine stayed nice and dry in the
truck.


2 comments:

Lisa said...

What a fun time you guys had! I found your blog through Heidi's blog...glad your blogging I'll be checking back!!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Monica! Hope I'm the first one today to say it. Have a blessed day. Eat and be Happy! I sure love you. Aunt Shirley