Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Summer's Wrapping Up

Hello Family & Friends,

Life has been a little busy here in our house getting ready to start school. Yesterday was our first day back, and thank the Lord, the schedule is running smoothly. It always takes a few weeks to work the kinks out of the new schedule and for all of us to get into a good routine. All the children have an increased school load. We'll see how they adjust. I have to admit, I have just as much adjusting to do as they do. With their increase of work come my increase of correcting, instruction, and training. I've always believed that homeschooling is as much about character growth in the parents as it is in the children. And we've all got a lot of growing to do this year.

The pictures below are some of the things we've been doing the last few weeks. We love and miss you all.



Jonathan's Lego Creation


Jon Vader


The next generation of Roman Troops



Cool outfits

Katherine's Mosaic creation


Ok dad, hurry up and take the picture...

Aimee whipped my tail.
(footage not shown to protect the innocent)


The new conscript...
(Side note: Jonathan found a loose brick in a nearby wall in this ancient Roman bath and hid a coin there. We will come back in two years to see if it's still there...)

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Hi Monica,
I'm so glad to see you're still alive and sword fighting over there in Germany. I was beginning to wonder... I'm glad school is going well for you. I'm totally in agreement with your opinion on parents and homeschooling. Do you ever have days when you feel like you've had plenty of character-building for one day? Thank you very much!
Much love to all!!!!